Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Thoughts about Holland vol.12.
2006.08.29.
Boldog névnapot Beácska ;-)

Here we go again. Again super busy and not even a single minute to sit down and write.... should dedicate my time to CEMS and all the projects..
Haha, this picture I took once when the weather was still really nice (seems like ages ago by now.....), so you may see I didn't wear too many layers of clothes... not like now... it is cold!!! AND I am wearing boots quite often. But for God's sake it is August!! Never mind...righ these days the seasons of the days I have been talking about became more and more exaggerated. Just today the sun was shining all day (although had no power at all thus still leaving me freezing) and then in the evening all of a sudden a monsoon like storm came with horrible strong rain, and thunders, lightning, really frightening, and then after 15 minutes sunshine again. Is this normal? Who knows.. now I start to doubt everything about the dutch weather... :-)

Oh I am really good mood today, I am listening to Texas Best of... genuine feelgood music, even the slow ones as well. They just perfectly match my mood and emotions right now. Especially the single Say what you want.... Bea Te úgyis érted miről beszélek..... ;-)
Ahh this is also Den Haag this time when it is not raining.... I borrowed this pic from Chris, because when I was there for 2 times now it was both times raining, and somehow Chris the lucky one succeeded to do a perfect picture of the Grote Kerk inside the Binnenhof.
Sooo as I mentioned this weekend Chris came over to visit me from Budapest. I had a great time Chris, so thanks for coming, and especially for teaching me how to cook gulyás ;-) (i hope you appreciated the cake though.... :)))
We went to Amsterdam and walked around through the canals, even went for a boat trip, now that was just soooo cool. My first impressions of A'dam were not that good if you may remember, but I have to own up, that this time I was completely overwhelmed by the city!!!! Fun place to live!!!! Be have been to the red light district as well... just to have a glimpse of the atmosphere.. well how should I put it.. we did not see it as an attraction and especially not looking for entertainment over there, but of course it would have been stupid not drop by if we were there anyways. By the way we had some of shocking experience and debate in front of some sex shops seeing really weird things which he had to argue what could they be used for (if they could at all.... :))
We have also been to Rotterdam once during the evening and once during the day. As I told you before the overall atmosphere of Rotterdam is completely different from all the other cities in Holland, but I still like it a lot. Here we are if front of the Erasmusbrug, which crosses the inner port of the city.
Yesterday for last dinner we went to eat unlimited amount of spareribs... and I have to tell that we screwed up... no real Hungarian mentality of eating them out of their fortune.. :))) nevertheless we still had enough of deliciously seasoned ribs... and then watched a movie at home. We wanted to prepare popcorn (gepofte mad's), just to create the real cinema feeling.... when we had to experience that the popcorn has a sugary taste..... YUKKKKK niet goed. Popcorn is salty, or cheesy, or with butter. But that's it!!!! Of course Matthijs a flatmate of mine thinks the other way round... Cultural difference? Dunno but strange for sure.

Sadly Chris left today... :-( Thanks again for the supplies and for your company. I hope you enjoyed it here, and Adri I hope you as well!!!!!
Mum, Dad I know 100% you had a goed time here ;-)

Bro, it is you whom I miss the most, d'ya know that?????? Wish you could drop by...or I would glady take on with the organization of beach bbqs..or other culinary get togethers ;-)

Alright have to get back to work,
kusjes to all of you!!

Oh have to share this what Klas taught to me today:
pussar och kramar :) (hugz 'n kisses in swedish..)

Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Földes Péter said...

Szia Julcsi!

Édes popcorn az nekem is kulturális sokk volt Londonban, Rina meg egyenesen imádja...és én ezt a tényt szinte mindig elfeledtem, amikor moziba mentunk, pechemre mindig jó ízűen belenyúltam...és nem volt jó érzés, ahogy felkészültem a sós popcorn szétropogtatására,majd olyan volt mint ha cukorkát ennék:-)Szóval szerintem is a sós popcorn a menő:-)

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home